Too much of my time has been spent just treading water. Going to work, keeping the house from being condemned, getting some kind of food on the table, keeping the kids presentable & homework done. I think I was once an excellent wife and mother, but lately I've slipped into just getting by. Part of my trouble is that I had a difficult pregnancy & just gave up on all deep cleaning...that's when the getting by started. After 9 months of that, I feel overwhelmed by the state things have gotten to...plus caring for an infant. Another part of my trouble is the work schedule that sounded like a dream come true, but hasn't materialized into such...working 7 days on, then 7 days off. I imagined myself living the carefree life one week in my ultra clean & organized home, while still enjoying my nice, full-time paycheck. Ha! Honestly, I'm so tired after my work week, that I'm not getting much accomplished when I'm off. Once or twice a week I read all the great sewing and decorating blogs I love. I make plans to get some projects done. Sometimes I start them, sometimes I don't even get that far. I've just lost my mojo...how to get it back?
I guess the best place to start with any life change is a list of goals and a plan to make each of them happen.
Some things that need to happen here:
- Room by Room Decluttering & Organization- this one I'm getting a head start on. My college aged kids have recently moved into their own place. So my school aged boys now each have their own room and there is no longer a baby in my bedroom, hurray!
- Creating a Home Cleaning/Maintenence Schedule - to include more delegation to spouse & children. Also, instead of asking hubby vaguely to help out more, I'm going to find a couple of things that I can count on to just be HIS responsibility. I also feel that getting organized will allow me to expect him to help less when I'm home 7 days in a row. He's given up things that he enjoys & deserves some "me time", too
- Menu Planning to save time on shopping, as well as money
- Double cooking - Make double batches of meals: 1 for now, 1 for the freezer
- Creating a Studio/Work Space for sewing/crafts. As a busy mom, I need to be able to leave projects and come back to them. This needs to be in a kid-free zone.
- Transitioning to a more normal schedule on my days off. I can't get much done during the day, if I've stayed up all night, especially if I have a cranky baby to boot.
- Workout Schedule - I know that I will feel more like doing everything else I need to when this one is a priority.